Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm rather fond of walking...


I realized I think more clearly when I walk. Walking the dog is my therapy. It used to be running, but I’ve gotten a bit out of shape and, let's be honest: more lazy. And, in my defense, this is better for the dog. Always thinking of Maggie, really! 

Walking and thinking and listening to this song does a body and soul good. I just wish I could write while walking and thinking, because my thoughts are always so much more coherent and organized and well put when they are in my head then. Oh well, sorry! 

I recently watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Pride and Prejudice, and it reminded me of Lizzie: “I’m rather fond of walking.” Sometimes I wish I lived in a place and time where walking for hours was just life, true to need and reality. I think I might be a healthier and happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment