Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

When things aren't seeming to go your way, it is hard to be thankful in your circumstances. Of course, there is MUCH to be thankful for, which I cannot take for granted--my health, home, family, freedom, job and much more. But, when you are mourning a loss, or lacking hope, or dwelling in pain, it is hard to find comfort in being thankful for your current situation.  I certainly felt this way for the past two Thanksgivings, and so I've tried to focus on the "little" things to be thankful for.

Here's my Thankful list:

  • sweet walks with Maggie
  • cute fuzzy ear warmers
  • coffee (specifically while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade)
  • good books
  • my ability to still run 3 miles after my race
  • a clean house
  • my favorite sweet potato recipe from my favorite second grade teacher, Mrs. Heigel
  • Tom having 3 hours off to enjoy Thanksgiving
  • a fully decorated house for Christmas
  • sleep
I have many blessings to count, and although that doesn't take away pain or hurt, it brightens my soul a bit to dwell on God's goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment