Friday, February 22, 2013

Office Makeover Revealed!

A while back I mentioned how our our office was a disaster, and I had big plans in store for it! I didn't have much money to spend, and so I focused on making a few of the simple touches that made a big difference.

I wanted to try a photo collage on the wall. I add the black frames already, but I scored some lovely frames from Hobby Lobby in their clearance/broken section and from Goodwill. After spraypainting the frames white, you could no longer see the cracks in the broken ones, or the hideousness of the old ones. I printed off some of my favorite quotes from the internet (thank you Pinterest for your help with that!) I arranged the frames on the floor before putting them up on the wall. I love how it looks!
Wall Photo Collage

Tom had an interview in Chicago, so he conveniently stopped by IKEA, which was very trusting of me. Tom isn't a shopper...except at IKEA! We had picked out all of our items online, and he only bought a few extras! ;) I love the rug ($25) and the white table ($30) and it is amazing to me how cheap you can get great stuff there, love IKEA! I splurged on those adorable Chevron pillows from Etsy ($30 for two).

The sitting area

Other than those purchases, I had everything else, it was just a matter of spraypainting bronze geese, re-arranging furniture, oh, and of course, painting the walls that cool grey color. Tom put in new baseboards after we painted. Nice work!

I love how these turned out!

Here is the whole room:


The only things left on the to-do list: Tom organizing his desk, and hanging those pictures in the corner. It feels like a library now, I just need a day to go in with a good book and a cup of coffee and sit on the couch to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment