Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Blues

I love summer! This summer was been wonderful because I'm loosely working [6 hours of tutoring a week], working out like crazy [love/hate relationship with my personal trainer], fitting in all my appointments and to-do list items and projects [seriously, that is almost a full time job] and relaxing [did you say read a book at the pool!?]. It's great.

But today I got all bummed out and in a funk. It probably had something to do with Tom beginning residency today [Alert: He's a real doctor, people!] and knowing I won't see him much for the next 4 years. He left home at 4:45am and returned at 7pm, so it's a crazy life. I took Maggie on a walk at 5:15 and then I made dinner and then I waited. I'm not much of a time waster or a wait around and do nothing kind of person, but that's kind of what I did for the last half hour. And I got all sad and lonely and thoughtful about life and it wasn't very fun. And whenever that happens, I go straight to music. I love music. And I love this song:


It's not that new, but I like it. I like thinking about things that make me "feel again." And I learned my lesson: tomorrow Maggie and I will take a longer walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment