Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Baby Boy's Nursery

My labor of love is finally revealed--baby boy's nursery!!! I'm SO excited to reveal the adorable and fabulous nursery that we will *soon* be bringing baby boy home to!

Here are some pictures of the nursery being transformed:


Someone is looking very preggo!


Tom's wainscoting makes the room! It is gorgeous, he did a fabulous job. And, as with any project, he taught himself, figured it out, and made it look incredible!


You'll notice a theme, that we have a lot of people who love baby boy enough to spend a lot of time and energy on making his nursery very special. We're so thankful for them!


I chose this fabric [from Hancock Fabrics] for the draperies and my talented mother in law made beautiful draperies. I wanted to try grommets, so she made them to my measurements, and I added the grommets. It was fun to figure out something new. Grommets? EASY. Measuring? HARD. My hatred of math didn't help here!



The "during" pictures of my biggest labor of love: the Alphabet wall. I found some inspiration on Pinterest [of course] but I wanted to make it my own. I LOVE how it turned out! I got most of the letters from Hobby Lobby [don't forget your 40% off coupon!], Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us [the Life Preserver], and my own creativity. The y is a rope, the d [vinyl] and f [framed cut out letter on cute paper] I created using my Silouette Cameo, the J is a painted canvas with buttons, the v is a photo [found online] in a frame, and the t is a cross from my parents. The hardest part was getting them up on the wall! My mom helped and we measured, measured, measured. I recommend created a "border" of top and bottom, then spacing them out along the floor and working on hanging groups of letters at a time. For instance, the top row we hung A, B,C, then L, M N, then the middle. On the bottom we anchored the big letters S and W and then spaced the smaller letters around them. Whew.

The Alphabet Wall
Walking into the room

Refinished armoire
Wreath from my family baby shower on the door

Oh. my. cuteness. Maggie loves the baby's room and likes to take her naps here. And leave her toys here. I think it is a sign she's ready to be a big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment