Saturday, June 8, 2013

Out with the old, In with the new!

As you saw from my previous post, something new is coming my way! A new job! It was definitely not expected, as I actually turned down this same job a few months ago. But, timing is everything, and this time, when I received a phone call encouraging me to apply, the timing was right. I received that call on a Wednesday evening and thought and prayed about it all night. Thursday I applied for the job, Friday I interviewed, and on Monday I accepted a call from Human Resources. So, what will I be doing?!

Next year I will be a Reading Intervention teacher, which means I'll teach reading to those students who are struggling (think: lowest 20%) in grades K-5. I'll actually be working at two schools, which means traveling mid day each day to another school. That's the reason I initially wasn't interested in the job, but I think traveling between two schools, although stressful at times, will be nice. New perspectives, new ideas, new people...and I'll see the outside world each day! The sun?! What's that!?

Knowing that I left the classroom (maybe forever!) a few weeks ago made for a emotional roller coaster, much less leaving my most amazing teammate and friend Danielle, AND knowing I'm *kind of* leaving my school, since I'll only be there part-time. Whew, it is a miracle I made it through the end of the year. That also explains my blogging disappearance. Packing up 6 years of classroom teaching + report cards + emotional goodbyes + the regular end of year stress = a very overwhelmed and exhausted teacher.

So, I leave you with another thought I'm hanging onto as I begin this new journey.


I'm excited as a think about what the fall will bring. I'm not sure when it will set in that I'm not going back to the classroom, or my "regular" job, we'll see. In the meantime, I'm not stressing about the next school year, I'm just soaking up summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment