Friday, August 8, 2014

Thank You Gifts

With the upcoming arrival of baby boy, this summer I spent a large part of my free time organizing and creating. With my crazy tutoring schedule, I didn't have as much free time as I had hoped, so I enlisted a lot of help from my mom to complete all my projects. Boy, was that a huge gift!!

One project was creating thank you gifts for our nurses at the hospital where baby boy will be born. Typically, you might need or want a few thank you gifts for your Labor & Delivery nurses, and a few for your Post-Partum nurses, and in other instances, even less if these are the same people because your hospital doesn't have various wings or floors. However, because Tom works with these fabulous nurses on a daily basis, and they are so [sweetly] excited about our baby's arrival, we wanted them each to have a thank you token, and feel appreciated for what they do--even if they don't directly care for baby boy and I.

SO...that meant a LOT of gifts! After a little research, in order to hit everyone on the day and night shifts of Labor & Delivery, we needed 20 thank you gifts for L&D, and the same for Post-Partum. Whew, 40 gifts was quite a project, and could become quite expensive.  We wanted to keep it cute, and meaningful, without breaking the bank. Here's what I came up with:
Clear Treat bags from Wal-Mart
Hand Sanitizers from Bath & Body Works









Mini Orbit Gum Packs from Amazon



Candy Bars from Sams Club










Next I used my fabulous Silhouette Cameo to cut these cute tags out! We then hole punched them and added fun ribbon to attach them to the baggies, once they were filled with goodies.



I created 20 white tags and 20 blue tags, so I could easily see the difference between the ones that need to be on set out on L&D versus PP. That was just easy for me to keep track. Besides the difference in candy bars and hand sanitizer scents, the thank you bags are all the same.


The final product...in a {unused and unneeded} bowl for easy delivery to the nurses' station. I can't wait to hand them out after baby boy's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment